The FIBA Rules (latest edition) shall be implemented for ACAMIS tournaments with the following notes.
- Games will be played 4 quarters of 7 minutes each with Stop Clock.
- A 35-second shot clock must be used and where possible placed above the backboard.
- Overtime Periods will be 3 minutes and begins with a jump ball.
- New games may be scheduled every 75 or 90 minutes.
- First Half – Two (2) time-outs for each team.
- Second Half – Three (3) time-outs for each team.
- Overtime Periods - One (1) time-out is granted per overtime period for each team.
- Timeouts do not carry over from half to half or into overtime
- The length of each time-out is 1 minute.
- The length of time between quarters is 2 minutes.
- The maximum length of halftime is 8 minutes.
- Coaches may request a timeout by approaching the scorers’ table.
- The scorer notifies the referee of the timeout at an appropriate time, which includes: a dead ball, free throw, immediately after a scored basket by the opposing team. (Current FIBA Rule)
- Girls’ games shall use a size 6 ball (28.5” / 72cm).
- Boys’ games shall use a size 7 ball (29.5” / 75cm).
- Boys use regular FIBA court dimensions
- Girls use USA high school/collegiate 3 point line (19’9”) / lane and lane markings
- All teams will receive up to a ten-minute warm-up period prior to the start of the game, on the side of the court away from their bench.
- Any second half warm-up will be in front of own bench.
- This corresponds to the direction of play in each half.
- If the games fall behind schedule, each team will have up to 8 minutes to warm-up at their own end of the court. Squad size and Substitution of Players.
- A team will have a minimum squad of 6 players and a maximum of 12 players.
- Unlimited amount of substitutions. Substitutes are to approach the scorer’s table and be directed onto the court during a dead ball situation.
- 2 referees shall be utilized for all basketball games.
- ACAMIS Tournament games should use personnel from local recognized officiating organizations, if possible.
- A player is disqualified from a game when they commit their fifth personal foul.
- Technical fouls against a player also count as a personal foul against the same player and count as a team foul.
- A player is disqualified if they receive two (2) technical fouls.
- Technical fouls against the coach, bench or fans are charged to the coach but is not counted as a team foul. A coach is disqualified if they receive three (3) technical fouls.
- Mercy Rule – If a game gets to a 20 pts differential – teams must not press and coaches are encouraged to use their bench to balance the game – if the game gets to 30 points differential it switches to running clock and remains running clock for the remainder of the game.
Tiebreaker from round-robin standings for tournament seeding (in order of application)
- Tie-Breakers - ‘If any stage of the tie-breaker separates all of the tied teams, then the tie-break is complete. If at any stage of the tie-breaker, only two teams remain tied, the head to head result will determine the placing.’
- A maximum point differential of 20 points will be used for calculations. This is to minimize “running up” the score in order to improve a team’s seeding.
- Overtime points do not count in points differential
- Head-to-Head Result (if 2 teams).
- Best point differential in games between tied teams.
- Best point differential in all games.
- Most points scored in games between tied teams.
- Most points scored in all games.
- Least team fouls made in games between tied teams.
- Least team fouls made in all games.
- Coin toss.
- A team has 8 seconds to advance the ball into the frontcourt from the backcourt.
- Alternating Possession is used for all jump ball situations including the start of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.
2018/19 ACAMIS Basketball Tournament Results
Time Date Gender Team Score Opponent
9.15am 24 January Girls DCS 29-18 RCHK
9.15am 24 January Girls DCB 12-14 BISS
10.30am 24 January Boys QSI 34-62 RCHK
10.30am 24 January Girls SSIS 10-13 QSI
11.45am 24 January Boys DCB 48-41 BISS
11.45am 24 January Boys DCS 43-41 SSIS
1pm 24 January Girls SSIS 10-37 BISS
1pm 24 January Girls DCB 14-31 RCHK
2.15pm 24 January Girls DCS 34-12 QSI
2.15pm 24 January Boys BISS 25-41 RCHK
3.30pm 24 January Boys DCB 48-40 SSIS
3.30pm 24 January Boys DCS 56-25 QSI
4.45pm 24 January Girls DCB 19-17 QSI
4.45pm 24 January Boys BISS 22-19 RCHK
6pm 24 January Boys DCS 25-51 RCHK
6pm 24 January Girls DCS 30-18 SSIS
9am 25 January Boys BISS 28-37 SSIS
9am 25 January Boys QSI 15-36 DCB
10.15am 25 January Girls RCHK 19-13 QSI
10.15am 25 January Girls DCS 16-14 BISS
11.30am 25 January Girls SSIS 21-29 DCB
11.30am 25 January Boys RCHK 35-28 SSIS
12.45pm 25 January Boys DCS 50-46 DCB
12.45pm 25 January Boys QSIS 39-41 BISS
2pm 25 January Girls QSIS 7-26 BISS
2pm 25 January Girls RCHK 18-8 SSIS
3.15pm 25 January Boys DCS 24-17 BISS
3.15pm 25 January Girls DCS 22-10 DCB
4.30pm 25 January Boys SSIS 47-24 QSI
4.30pm 25 January Boys DCB 22-43 RCHK
Time Date Gender Match Team Score Opponent
8 am 26 January Girls Semi-Final DCS 33-21 DCB
8 am 26 January Girls Semi-Final RCHK 33-25 BISS
9.15 am 26 January Boys Semi-Final DCB 42-28 DCS
9.15 am 26 January Boys Semi-Final RCHK 34-20 SSIS
10.30 am 26 January Boys 5th/6th Place BISS 45-38 QSIS
10.30 am 26 January Girls 5th/6th Place QSIS 16-9 SSIS
11.45 am 26 January Boys 3rd Place SSIS 49-37 DCS
11.45 am 26 January Girls 3rd Place BISS 24-22 DCB
1 pm 26 January Girls First place match RCHK 26-15 DCS
2.15 pm 26 January Boys First place match RCHK 43-20 DCB