Thursday 24 January 2019
8.30am The opening ceremony in the Upper Gym
8.45am Coaches meeting in the boardroom
9am Girls warm-ups begin
9.15am Girls Games commence
10.30am Boys Games commence
12.15pm Lunch available
4.30pm Shuttle bus on standby until 6pm to Ramada Plaza
7pm Evening meal available at DCSPD
7.30pm Final Buses from school to Ramada Plaza hotel
Friday 25 January 2019
8.30am Buses depart for 9am games (BISS, SSIS, QSIS & DCB boys)
9.15am Buses depart for all other athletes
10am Games commence
12.15pm Lunch available
3pm Shuttle bus on standby until 6pm to Ramada Plaza
4.30pm Girls group stage concludes
5.45pm Boys group stage concludes
6pm Final Buses available from school to Ramada Plaza Hotel
Saturday 26 January 2019
7.20am Buses depart for girls semi-finalists
8.20am Buses depart for all remaining athletes
9am Girls Semifinals
9.15am Boys Semifinals
11.30am Bruch served
1pm Girls Championship Game
2.15pm Boys Championship Game
4pm Gala dinner and awards begin in 1619
5pm End of the day - teams depart
Codes of Conduct
- I will operate within the rules and spirit of the games and teach my players to do the same.
- I will ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all players.
- I will not use bad language nor will I harass players, officials, spectators or other coaches.
- I will display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with the sport including opponents, referees, coaches, officials, administrators, parents and spectators. I will encourage my players to do the same.
- I will show concern and caution toward sick and injured players and follow the advice of the physician when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.
- I will be reasonable in my demands on players’ time, energy and enthusiasm and will ensure that the time players spend with me is a positive experience.
- I will always play by the rules and in the spirit of the game observing the codes of fair play and good sportsmanship.
- I will never argue with an official. I understand that verbal abuse of officials are not acceptable or permitted behaviors in any sport.
- I will treat all players in my sport as I like to be treated. I will not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor and I understand deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is unacceptable.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- I will respect my coach, teammates and opponents and the efforts that they make.
- I will display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat. I will thank the opposition and officials at the end of the game.
- I will never argue with an official or administrator. If I disagree with a decision or have a query, I will inform the coach or manager after the competition.
- I will not use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- I will remember that children learn best by example so I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will encourage my child to compete within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions – no matter what.
- I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort.
- I will focus on my child’s and teams efforts and performance – not the score.
- I will thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time to conduct the event for my child.
- I will help when asked by a coach or official.
- I won’t criticise or ridicule my child’s performance after the game. I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the sport, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.