IRB U19 Rules (particularly at scrum time)
Age group definitions:
In keeping with IRU policy guidelines for Age group limitations: U/19 players may be U/19, U/18 or U/17 (16-18-year-olds) as of 31 August 2019.
U-19 - five players from each team form the scrum.
Teams can opt to have uncontested scrums.
Offside from the scrum is 5 meters behind the hindmost foot.
Crouch, Bind, Set
No wheeling ...................................................Ruling: Penalty Kick
Unintentional wheel past 45 degrees...............Ruling: Reset Scrum
Maximum 1.5 push..........................................Ruling: Free Kick
The ball must be released from the base of scrum.......Ruling: Free Kick
The offside line for scrum-half is the tunnel ……..Ruling: Free kick
A minimum of 2 players per side is required to form the lineout.
Those not involved must retire 10 meters or subject to offside rules.
The Quick lineout will be allowed if is the same ball and not handled by anyone except the thrower and the player taking the ball into touch. No attempt to form a lineout from the opposition can be made for a quick lineout to be able to take place.
- Tries will score 5 points, 2 for the resulting conversion.
- When a try is scored, the team that scored the try will kick-off for the restart.
- All conversions will be taken by drop kick in line from where the try was scored at the spot indicated by the referee.
- During the conversion, other players set up in a position to restart the game.
- Penalty kicks at goal may only be taken by drop kick (to be attempted within 30 seconds)
- A player sent off for breach of the rules will not be allowed to play the next game.
- Dangerous play. Jumping into the tackle, high tackles, tackling in the air and spear tackles will all be considered dangerous play. Blatant disregard of these rules or a team repeat offence will lead to Player sin bin. (3 mins for 10 a-side).
- Squeeze ball is not to be allowed and will be penalized.
Will be Unlimited. However, the player coming onto the field must report to the substitute co-coordinator and enter the field from half way. The player entering must wait until the leaving player is off the field entirely.
Note: Substitutes can only happen at every stoppage of play except at a penalty and a free-kick (this will then allow the game to a natural flow with no interruptions to the players or referee).
Finals decided by “Golden Point”, with player drop-off system if required every 2 minutes.
- One player is dropped every two minutes
- The first team to score in sudden death wins.
- Head-to-Head Result (if 2 tied teams)
- Best goal differential in games between 3 tied teams
- Best goal differential in all games.
- Most goals scored in games between 3 tied teams.
- Most goals scored in all games.
Friday 20 September
Home Away Start End Score
DCS SAS PX 10.30 10.55 24 - 0
BISS PX JEJU 1 11.00 11.25 17 - 15
WAIS ISB 11.30 11.55 0 - 24
DCS JEJU 2 13.00 13.25 22 - 5
SAS PX WAIS 13.30 13.55 24 - 10
BISS PX ISB 14.00 14.25 24 - 5
JEJU 1 JEJU 2 14.30 14.55 41 - 0
SAS PX ISB 15.00 15.25 14 - 24
DCS JEJU 1 15.30 15.55 10 - 0
WAIS JEJU 2 16.00 16.25 5 - 25
BISS PX SAS PX 16.30 16.55 24 - 0
ISB DCS 17.00 17.25 0 - 34
JEJU 1 WAIS 17.30 17.55 34 - 0
Saturday 21 September
JEJU 2 SAS PX 9.00 9.25
BISS PX WAIS 9.30 9.55
ISB JEJU 1 10.00 10.25
BISS PX JEJU 2 10.30 10.55
WAIS DCS 11.00 11.25
SAS PX JEJU 1 11.30 11.55
BISS PX DCS 12.00 12.25
ISB JEJU 2 12.30 12.55