Thursday 19 September
5pm: Out of town teams arrive.
Friday 20 September
9.45am: Coaches meeting
10am: Opening Address
10.30am: Opening Game kicks off
11.45am: Lunch Available in SS canteen
1pm: Afternoon games commence
6pm: Final game of day ends.
Saturday 21 September
8.15am: Bus available from Ramada Plaza
9am: League play continues
12pm: Lunch Available in SS canteen
2pm: Final placing games begin
3.30pm: Championship match begins
4.45pm: Prize giving and banquet in 1619
5.45pm: Teams free to depart
5.45pm: World cup match viewing in 1619
Code of Conduct
- I will operate within the rules and spirit of the games and teach my players to do the same.
- I will ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all players.
- I will not use bad language nor will I harass players, officials, spectators or other coaches.
- I will display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with the sport including opponents, referees, coaches, officials, administrators, parents and spectators. I will encourage my players to do the same.
- I will show concern and caution toward sick and injured players and follow the advice of the physician when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.
- I will be reasonable in my demands on players’ time, energy and enthusiasm and will ensure that the time players spend with me is a positive experience.
- I will always play by the rules and in the spirit of the game observing the codes of fair play and good sportsmanship.
- I will never argue with an official. I understand that verbal abuse of officials are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- I will treat all players in my sport as I like to be treated. I will not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor and I understand deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is unacceptable.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- I will respect my coach, teammates and opponents and the efforts that they make.
- I will display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- I will thank the opposition and officials at the end of the game.
- I will never argue with an official or administrator. If I disagree with a decision or have a query, I will inform the coach or manager after the competition.
- I will not use bad language, nor will I harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- I will remember that children learn best by example so I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will encourage my child to compete within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions – no matter what.
- I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort.
- I will focus on my child’s and teams efforts and performance – not the score.
- I will thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time to conduct the event for my child.
- I will help when asked by a coach or official.
- I won’t criticise or ridicule my child’s performance after the game.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the sport, regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.